In 5 Steps...
Add a profile picture and a cover photo
Make your profile stand out amongst the rest by adding your own profile photo and customise your profile header.
Upload your video CV
Upload and show potential employers your video CV. Follow our top tips and use our Editor app to make your video CV shine.
Show your experience and skills
List your jobs, skills and experiences for employers to quickly see your talents.
Add your hobbies and interests
Add a touch Of your own flair and personality by showing your hobbies and interests.
Download your CVVID profile data
Download your CV to use online or offline using the button at the bottom Of your profile.
Not sure where to start? Take a look at some of our example video CVs for some ideas and inspiration.
Are you still unsure about where to start off your video CV? Take a look at our top tips and our video how-tos on the dos and don 't of video CVs.
Positive proof that you can realise your career ambitions with a great video CV.
Information about Us
www.cvvid.com and any of the functionalities displayed on it (Our site) is a site operated by CVVid Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07925935 and whose registered office is at Blackburn Enterprise Centre, Furthergate, Blackburn, BB1 3HQ (We, Us, Our).
Terms of website use
Other applicable terms
· Our Privacy and Cookies Policy www.cvvid.com/privacypolicy, which sets out the terms on which We process any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us. By using Our site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate; and
· Our standard Terms and Conditions www.cvvid.com/terms, which sets out the terms on which We provide Our services to you.
Changes to Our site
We may update Our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on Our site may be out of date at any given time, and We are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that Our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that Our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to Our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason Our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of Our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify Us.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in Our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from Our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on Our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on Our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from Us or Our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on Our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on Our site.
Although We make reasonable efforts to update the information on Our site, We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on Our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Liability and Indemnity
To the extent permitted by law, We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Subject to your statutory rights as a consumer (where you are a consumer as defined in the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and as applicable) We will not be liable to You (to the extent permitted by law) whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or misrepresentation for any direct loss or damage, loss or damage arising from third party claims, loss of profit, revenue or goodwill or indirect or consequential loss or damage, opportunity or wasted expenditure, business or business interruption, corruption of data or loss of confidential information connected to Your use of Our site or inability to use it.
If you are a consumer user, please note that We only provide Our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use Our site for any commercial or business purposes, and where you are not a consumer We have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on Our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by Us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods and/or services to you, which will be set out in the relevant terms and conditions of supply.
Uploading content to Our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to Our site, or to make contact with other users of Our site, you must comply with the content standards set forth by Us. You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
· In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or encourages others to break any such law or has the purpose of doing so.
· To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards, as set out below.
· To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
· To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
· Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site.
· Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to Us and indemnify Us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage We suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
These content standards apply to any and all material that you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Before posting content which contains an image of another person(s); property owned by another person(s); and/ or reference to another person which might be used to identify them (either alone, or in combination with any other content), you must get that person's consent before you post it.
· Be in English.
· Be accurate (where they state facts).
· Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
· Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
· Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
· Contain any material which is profane, vulgar, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise offensive in our reasonable opinion.
· Contain or promote sexually explicit material.
· Promote violence.
· Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· Infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other rights (whether in intellectual property or otherwise) of any other person or legal entity.
· Infringe any contractual agreement to which you are a party.
· Be likely to deceive any person.
· Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
· Promote any illegal activity.
· Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
· Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
· Infringe the privacy or confidentiality of any person or legal entity including (but not limited to) posting location and/or contact details of another person.
· Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
· Promote your business, including advertising or soliciting business.
· Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
· Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
· Be otherwise is persistently abusive, threatening, repeatedly a cause of nuisance or annoyance or otherwise illegal towards other users.
We may operate automated or manual moderation features which may block or modify content, as is deemed appropriate or necessary and at our (or the automated systems) absolute discretion based on:
· Specified words or phrases.
· Email address, domain, member ID or IP address.
· Size or type of attachments.
· Breach of the content standards set out above.
We reserve the right to edit or delete any content for any reason whatsoever, at our sole discretion. You agree that you are solely responsible for the content of your posts and comments and other content, and that you will indemnify us and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon the appearance and/or transmission of your content.
Should you find any content that you feel is inappropriate or not in line with these rules, please let us know immediately. Upon receipt of such notification, we will make every effort to take such action as we deem necessary within a reasonable period of time. Since this is a manual process, you are advised that we may not be able to remove or edit particular content immediately but if we agree that it should be removed, we shall do so although it may take one or more days for the content to be removed.
Any user found posting unsuitable material or breaking any of the rules may be removed and prevented from using our site.
We do not guarantee that Our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access Our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse Our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our site, the server on which Our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Our site. You must not attack Our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Our site will cease immediately.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
· Moderation of any of the content which you post on our site.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
· Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
· Issue of a warning to you.
· Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
· Further legal action against you.
· Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Linking to Our site
You may link to Our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage Our reputation or take advantage of it. For the avoidance of doubt you may not link to Our site from any other site, the main content of which contains content which is sexually explicit; is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory; promoted violence; promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity; discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person; is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person; is intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person’s privacy; misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive); or is otherwise deemed unacceptable to Us.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on Our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to Our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of the content on Our site other than that set out above, please contact Us.
Where Our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We are CVVid Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company number 07925935 and whose registered office is at Blackburn Enterprise Centre, Furthergate, Blackburn BB1 3HQ (We, Us, Our) and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy (Policy), together with any other documents referred to on www.cvvid.com (Our Site) set out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us for the purpose of any and all applicable data protection legislation in force from time to time including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and any replacement legislation, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000 (SI 2000/2699), the Electronic Communications Data Protection Directive (2002/58/EC), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2426/2003) and any replacement legislation and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner or any other supervisory authority, and the equivalent of any of the foregoing in any relevant jurisdiction (DP Legislation).
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it. By continuing to use Our Site or any of the functionalities displayed on it you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
Information We may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give Us. You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on Our Site, subscribing for and receiving Our services and using the functionalities made available via them, or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the contact functionalities via Our Site, participate in any interactive services which We operate via Our Site or social media platforms, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give Us may include without limitation your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, membership details, lifestyle and social circumstances, education and employment details, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs of a similar nature, personal description and photograph.
· Information We collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site We may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number.
· Information We receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate from time to time or the other services We provide. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, survey and research organisations, professional advisors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.