Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As the Head of Product Marketing for the Sales & Spend portfolio, you will be leading a team of product marketers to define, develop and execute product marketing strategies that enable growth of global Xero products that support the sales management, spend management and inventory management workflows (including Quotes, Invoices, Projects, Hubdoc, Bills, eInvoicing and Inventory).
As an extension of the Sales & Spend Product Leadership Team, you will lead the planning, implementation and management of the global product marketing strategy, in close collaboration with Product and Go-To-Market (GTM) teams. You will be jointly accountable for achieving commercial and customer results in lockstep with Product and GTM teams.
As a core member of the Small Business Accounting Product Marketing leadership team, you’ll collaborate with your peers to continually evolve our discipline towards our ‘target state’, bringing consistency and best practices across the broader team, and taking joint accountability for the engagement, development and wellbeing of our team members.
The results of your contribution will be:
• Lead a global team of highly engaged and effective product marketing managers, motivating them to make an impact by doing the best work of their lives
• Synthesise market, customer, product and competitive insights into compelling propositions in key markets to drive growth and utilisation
• Work closely with key internal stakeholders to build strong, collaborative relationships to ensure the success of the core product experiences that sit within this portfolio – Quotes, Invoices, Projects, Hubdoc, Bills, eInvoicing and Inventory
• Act as the key liaison between our global and regional GTM teams and the customer (small business) to strengthen audience insight and a feedback loop to drive adoption, optimisation and development
• Oversee the execution of the sales and marketing initiatives that support the Sales & Spend portfolio to ensure that all marketing and communications are accurate and representative of the propositionWhat you'll do
• Lead the product marketing strategy, plan, positioning, messaging and direction for the Sales & Spend portfolio, all based upon powerful customer and market insights
• Participate in setting the product vision and strategy with the Product leaders within the Sales & Spend team
• Analyse key markets to identify the most attractive pools of near-term opportunity to guide GTM targeting and results
• Champion the customer value proposition development process, ensuring Product Marketing is a key contributor in understanding a market/customer opportunity, in order to set up customer relevant, competitively differentiated value ‘guardrails’ for product teams to ideate and develop within
• Connect the dots across products/portfolios to ensure we articulate the broader CVP for small business customers
• Drive alignment around key customer journeys to improve conversion and utilisation
• Work with customers, product leaders/managers and designers to sustain and extend a deep understanding of customer problems and pain-points that our existing products (and near-term releases) solve. And, translate these insights into powerful storytelling presentations, GTM campaigns and resources
• Oversee the go-to-market efforts through coordination for the Sales & Spend portfolio across Customer and GTM teams
• Take responsibility for the launch and on-going management of product updates, enhancements and variations, internally and externally
• Inspire, excite and energise your team, sales and product teams to win by digging up and sharing customer, market and competitor insights
• Hire, coach, mentor and develop product marketing team membersSuccess looks like
• Strong collaborative relationships the Executive General Managers and General Managers of Product and Customer
• Commercial (e.g., revenue and product sales) and customer (e.g., NPS and product use) targets are achieved or exceeded
• Highly productive relationships with Customer and GTM leaders and teams
• GTM approach and materials developed are regarded as ‘industry leading’
• Strong collaboration and communication skills. You will be part of a geographically dispersed team so collaborating and communicating regularly with your team and stakeholders across geographies is crucial to your success
• Product Marketing continually maturing as a discipline, and considered “the place to be” for product marketers in the technology industryWhat you'll bring with you
• Extensive leadership experience in a product marketing/strategic marketing role in a global business
• Experience leading teams, including remote staff
• Experience within tech, FMCG, banking, or related industries preferred
• Demonstrated experience in supporting development of product strategy and building new customer value propositions to develop and launch new products or features
• Proven ability to effectively communicate, build strong relationships and manage senior stakeholders
• Deep understanding of, and passion for, Customer Value Proposition development
• Experience working in a matrixed structure – and proven ability to work through influence and internal partnership
• Ability to work with key GTM leaderships dispersed across countries and time zones, and resolve complex GTM problems
• The ability to handle changing priorities and lead through ambiguity
• Love for storytelling and influential communications- being able to speak/translate Product to Customer, and Customer to Product
• Ability to quickly build trusted and effective relationships across the business
• Authenticity, diplomacy and drive/resilience
• Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Systems thinking approach- and ability to use learnings and apply broadly for the good of the broader team/orgYou will be part of the Global Product team so you will work with all our key regions, including Canada, US, UK, Australia, New Zealand and Asia. You will have the ability to travel if required.
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives.Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributionsEmployees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per yearEmployees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and familiesUS employees enjoy 12 paid holidays per yearXero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% payXero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place.Apply for this job